Monday, October 23, 2017 from 6:00-9:00pm
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 from 6:00-9:00pm
The Zephyr Depot, 601 Main Street N., Stillwater. (Map link)
Begin the first week in November and performances will be December 15, 16, and 17, 2017.
Schedule an audition: please click HERE
The Zephyr Theatre partners with Crosswinds Community Church to produce a special Christmas theatre experience for the whole community.
Please be prepared to read from the script at auditions. There is nothing to prepare ahead of time. Also, please bring a headshot and resume and arrive at least 5 minutes early to your audition time slot to fill out an audition form.
“A Candle in the Window” Synopsis:
By L. Don Swartz
A small group of weary travelers discover the power of the season while trapped in a lonely train station on Christmas Eve. As a blizzard rages outside, the troubled people are forced to turn to each other for companionship. Trying to make them more comfortable is the old stationmaster, Charlie. When the clock strikes midnight, there is a knock on the station door and seven youngsters appear. They’ve seen the station lights from the nearby church where, in secret, they’ve been practicing the story of the nativity which they plan to present at regular service. They offer to perform their play for the travelers and afterward, speak to the travelers individually, giving advice which is seemingly wise beyond their years. The next morning, as a new, younger stationmaster lights a Christmas candle, we realize the mysterious stop in the travelers’ journey was more than accidental and has given them a renewed spirit and resolve.
- NEIL: College student studying art.
- IRVING: 30s-40s.Wants to be a writer.
- VIOLET: Extremely energetic senior citizen.
- TRUDY: Violet’s sister. Reserved and quiet.
- ANNE: 20s-30s. Teacher.
- GEORGE: 20s-30s. Husband.
- SARAH: 20s. George’s wife. She is pregnant.
- JOHN: The oldest, is the leader. Plays Joseph.
- KATHRYN: Oldest girl. Plays Angel.
- ELIZABETH: Plays Mary.
- WALLY: Plays Shepherd.
- HELEN: Plays Shepherd.
- MABEL: Littlest girl, mouthy and outspoken. Plays Wise Man.
- FRANCIS: Littlest boy. Plays Wise Man.
- JEREMY: 20s-30s.
- CHARLIE: Aging, kind-hearted.