The arts are everywhere in The Zephyr Theatre including on the walls!
The Zephyr hosts exhibits of the works of artists chosen by Teary O’Hara, a member of our board of trustees, an art collector, and the curator of the theatre’s gallery. The public is welcome to peruse the gallery during the Zephyr’s office hours, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and any time during Zephyr performances evenings and weekends. To be considered for a future exhibit, please contact O’Hara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through October 2018, the Zephyr is proud to present two exhibitions:
- Nine mixed media collage works by artist Lori Chilefone of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, available for purchase
- Twenty-one miniature oil paintings and other pieces by artists from Italy, France, Germany and Holland, 17th century to the present, on loan from the private collection of O’Hara and Brint Butchart
Below are two of Chilefone’s pieces, “Lake Superior” and “Little Car”, and three of the miniatures.
Chilfone’s exhibit is collages of printed materials, illustrations, beeswax and pigments. Making these pieces is “a spontaneous process starting with a good crop of subjects and scissors,” she said. “With addition and subtraction of this and that, and with attention for the piece unfolding, somewhere along the way personal meaning is revealed.”
Other recent artistic credits of Chilfone’s include:
- A collage in the annual “Confluence of Art” juried art exhibition at the Pablo Center at the Confluence in Eau Claire, Sept. 22 through Oct. 19, 2018
- Cover artist of the 2018 Women Artists Datebook published by Syracuse Cultural Workers
- Current gallery representation in Eau Claire at Caradori Pottery (originals) and Riverwood Art and Frame (prints)
Chilfone is a freelance fine artist and graphic designer, including graphic design for her family’s business, Next Step Energy, a provider of solar energy systems. She also serves on the board of directors of WHYS 96.3FM, Eau Claire’s non-commercial radio station, and has a passion for family, artistic collaboration and foraging for wild edibles. She holds a bachelor of fine arts degree in graphic design from the College of Visual Arts in St. Paul. Contact her at email@example.com.